Friday, August 13, 2010

Sweaty Fun Friday!!

So after a very nice sleep, I woke up feeling pretty good. No creaks. No stiffness. Had a bowl of shredded wheat and got caught up with folx online. After perusing through the P90X Facebook page and reading people's statuses, I was inspired and ready to workout . . .

Day 40 - Legs & Back / Ab Ripper X
Wow! What a great workout today. Makes such a difference to go into it totally positive and ready! It also helps that my legs are pretty strong and this is one of those virtually modification-free workouts, so I can entirely focus on form and function and not choreography. So it was hard work as usual. And the minor modifications I did have to do were pretty much keeping a foot or toe on the floor when Tony says to raise it if you can. I attempted to raise on a few occasions, but still pretty much had to rely on keeping contact with the floor for balance and fatigue purposes.

I made some improvement in form and execution on several exercises. My Balance Lunge was far less wobbly than it's been before. Got a little bit lower on the Super Skaters. Better hold on the Wall Squats, although I could stand to get lower on them, overall much better though. Was actually able to raise my arms on the latter halves of the Step Back Lunges with the band! I got through most of the Single-Leg Wall Squat with using the wall for leverage. Got a much better hold and less strain on the Chair Salutations. MUCH better balance and execution on the Toe-Roll Iso Lunge, probably my best set yet of those! Stayed low on my Groucho Walk. And really brought it to the Sieber-Speed Squat, so much so that I actually completely burnt out on the last few and just couldn't do anymore! As far as the rest of the Leg work, it was all pretty much on or just above par with the last time.

On the Back work, I took Tony's advice and really concentrated on form and holding on with each rep. This resulted in lower numbers, but because of the added hold and form, it also resulted in really working my upper back. Difference from previous workout is in red.

Reverse Grip Chin-Ups: 16/16 -3/-3
Wide Front Pull-Ups: 20/18 -2/-2
Closed Grip Overhead Pull-Ups: 16/18 -11/-1
Switch Grip Pull-Ups: 20/28 +1/+2

So fewer numbers here, but much better work, so I am fine with it. Overall VERY pleased with this workout.

Onto Ab Ripper X. I hate it. But I sort of like it now. Today's ARX was very much on par with the much improved previous one. I struggled just a little but throughout but I attribute that with how much I brought it to Legs & Back. Still made a very good showing on the Ab work. No great strides since the last one so nothing to go into detail about, but it was another very strong effort. Very, very pleased and have a wonderful since of accomplishment!!

It's Friday night. And I still have to go in to work. But in the spirit of the day, here's Johnny Kemp with "Just Got Paid (Friday Night)." Have good night!! See you here tomorrow!


:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment