Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bringing It Back!

So the last couple of weeks or so have been a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me as I have had to sort of deal with some personal issues. And as much as I didn't want it to, it sort of derailed my progress a bit. My Week 7 was all messed up as I only completed half of it, then when I attempted to redeem myself the followeing week, I only got to Tuesday. And then this week, I didn't even get it started. But I am putting that behind me now and getting back in the saddle. I didn't want to completely start from the beginning, so what I am doing is sort of making up the best way I can for what I missed. So today was my re-do of Day 45.

Day 45 (Version 2.0) - Plyometrics / Chest, Shoulders & Triceps / Ab Ripper X
So yeah, I got off my butt and decided to double things up today. I was concerned that after being on and off for the last few days, that this was gonna be absolutely dreadful. I couldn't've been more wrong. I did take it a little easier on the Plyo because I had been having a small issue with my right knee, or specifically the area just below it and towards the calf. So any of the exercises that involved leaping or jumping, I played it safe and just barely hopped off of the floor. Still brought as much intensity as I could elsewhere and ended it with a soaked tank top. It almost felt like I never left.

So I skipped the cool down and popped in the Chest, Shoulders & Triceps DVD. I was still quite warmed-up from the Plyo, so I skipped ahead to the Slow-Motion 3-N-1 Pushups. Throughout most of this workout, my pushups were not quite on par with the last time I successfully completed this workout. But I did my best and forgot the rest and kept chugging along. Like in my previous posts, I decided not to record the numbers until I am back on the cycle, but I think I was probaby just slightly sub-par with all of the resistance exercises. Not a total washout by any means, but not quite where I was before. Understandable after the half-hiatus.

Moving on to Ab Ripper X. I went back and forth on doing it. By this point I was pretty much spent. But I thought, hey, it's only fifteen minutes. And I knew I wouldn't forgive myself for getting this far today and not going through with it. So I put out the workout mat and went for it. I knew this was gonna be tough, but it had to be done. I am happy to say that I still managed to do the sit-up exercises. Not as many as before, but I felt good that I was still able to do them and not revert to crunching. The rest was surprisingly on par with the last time I did ARX.

It was good to see Tony's face again, and even better to be on the floor and getting back into the swing of things. I am now pondering redoing Week 7 from beginning to end next week. I have this burning need to complete the week as outlined before moving ahead with the next Recovery week. I believe that is what my plan is. That will certainly set the tone for the second half of this round of P90X.

So to honor my return to X-Land, I present Dolly Parton and "Here You Come Again." . . . . and here I go! Have a good one. See you here tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdQxseZJLdk

:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment