Monday, March 21, 2011

Off Your Knees!!

So after two weeks of off-and-on, I decided to just re-boot and start Phase 3 again from scratch. And I feel like I did so with a bit of a bang . . .

Day 57.1: Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X
So this turned out to be a reboot in a couple of different ways. First, since my red resistance band decided to go to workout haven by snapping on me last week, I was forced to move up to the green band, which is a bit heavier and provides more resistance. I had been contemplating moving to green for awhile so it was good that I was sort of forced to. So I decided I need to step things up a notch for the whole workout, so I also decided it was time to get off my knees for all of the push-up exercises. It was a challenge, But I am proud to say that I did not drop to me knees on any of them. Of course, this drove my rep numbers down, but not nearly as much as I expected. Where before I was averaging 20-25 on my knees, I was going from 12-15 off my knees. I actually managed 20 Standards at the start which certainly set the tone for the rest of the workout.

The banded exercises were pretty much comparable to before, but I had to put much more effort into getting those numbers with the increased resistance provided by the green band.
Overall, a great re-booting to this phase.

As for Ab Ripper X, it was kind of a mixed bag, but mostly positive. I was pretty spent heading into it, but it had to be done. Oddly enough my nemesis, the Hip Rock and Raise was probably my strongest effort yet. However, I really struggled with the V-up/Roll-Ups today. Where before I had been averaging 10 - 12, I was only able to do 5 today. I don't know what was different, maybe the amount of time since I did them last was a factor. Other than that ARX went pretty much as well as it has been.

Feeling good about today. It felt good to get off the knees on the push-ups. Hope to keep this momentum going. Plyo returns tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment