Monday, March 14, 2011

Snap To It!

So the last couple of days of last week sort of discombobulated my schedule, so I'm gonna have to re-jigger things, most likely on the weekends, or near the end before final recovery. My foray into town Saturday resulted in a little bit of serious hiking, and more was done, even though a bit more leisurely, at a local state park on Sunday. Anyway, that makes today:

Day 60: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper X
Man, I really was not in the mood to X it today. But I knew I had to get it done, so i pooped in the DVD and pressed play. The result was like always, the best workouts happen when you least want to do them. I don't know why, but that seems to be the case with me. The combination of my pre-workout listlessness and dedication to form resulted in rep numbers skewing lower in the first half, but picking up a bit in the latter half.

I managed 15 One-Arm Push Ups today, the most I've ever done. And 45 Cross Body Blows, also a personal best. and this despite my resistance ban snapping on me in that last exercise. Luckily it snapped right at the handle and hit the floor and not me, so I was able to loop the torn end around my hand and restart that section of the DVD and complete the exercise with more vigor than I have before.

This led to a pretty strong Ab Ripper X and a great sense of accomplishment, in light of how i was feeling going in. Feeling good. Plyo returns tomorrow!! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment