Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Back to the Real World

I know I haven't reported here in over a week, but I have not gone anywhere. You can't get rid of me that easily . . . .

So let me start by saying what a great time I had this past weekend on my Bahamas Cruise!! And even though I took a small break from P90X, my body most certainly did not get a break. After Recovery Week concluded last week, I selected a few X workouts to do on the days leading up to my departure on Thursday. And I can honestly say that between walking through airports, sometimes with a 30 pound backpack on my shoulder or back, walking thru Nassau, using the gym facility on the ship, using the running track on the ship, using the stairs instead of the elevator on the ship and swimming in and treading through the water at the beach, my body got quite the workout over the past few days. I was actually kinda sore all over when I got up this morning.

As far as the diet. I will be honest and confess to indulging in some foods and desserts that I have been avoiding pretty much since the beginning of the year. But for the most part I consumed grilled meats, lots of veggies and some fruits. And outside of a few cocktails and half a soda, I primarily drank water throughout the whole cruise. And according to the scale I only put on 3 pounds since my last weigh-in, and I totally expected that number to be higher. So even though I had a wonderful vacation, I feel confident that I didn't completely overdo things and found it fairly easy to get back into the groove.

Day 57: Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X
So Phase 3 got off to a pretty good start. Like I said, I was a bit sore from the weekends activities, but I knew that I had to Press Play and get this last phase of this round underway. So I decided that it was time to get off my knees on the push-ups today. I did just that on the first cycle of the workout. Now I did have to drop back down to my knees to finish out each set, but I did at least 10 or more of each off of my knees, with the most being 15 of the Wide Fly Push-Ups. 7 seemed to be the magic number for when I had to drop back to my knees, except for 12 on the Standards. On the second round, I reverted back to the knees because, I was kinda drained.

Numbers on the banded back exercises and Pull-Ups pretty much held sort of steady. Reps were up or down by 1-3 throughout. By the time I was done, I actually felt like I was about to throw-up a little, but thankfully that did not happen.

The tinge of queasiness almost caused me to bow out of Ab Ripper X, but I really wanted to get it done and finish strong for the day, so I let the DVD continue and got on the floor. This session was pretty much on par with the last time I did Ab Ripper X which was like 2 Fridays ago. It was a struggle, however. I had to take 2 small breaks during the Hip Rock and Raises, and dropped back to 11 of the V-Up/Roll-Ups and really fought for that last one. I can't tell you how happy I was when ARX was over. But even more than that, I was happier that I finished and did not give up!

So we are back to business here. I really want to make a great effort to make Phase 3 the strongest part of this round and really Bring It hard and finish this round on a high note! It's good to be back!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great vacation! Cruises can be dangerous w/ the food & drinks! Sounds like you did a good job not going overboard!

    ReplyDelete