Friday, February 25, 2011

Stretch X-treme!

So I thought I would have a nice relaxing session this evening . . .

Day #54: Stretch X
So I think my newfound focus on form and intensity has completely bled over into every single workout. Stretch X is undoubtedly the easiest of all of the workouts, right? In the past, I barely broke out a minor sweat doing it. But tonight I was surprised to feel beads of sweat dripping from my forehead. Not nearly as much as say after Plyo or Kenpo or any of the resistance + Ab Ripper X workouts, but still substantially more than I've ever noticed before from Stretch X. I'll take that as a good sign.

Also, this marks the end of the first wekk of me adding something to my daily routine. I have incorporated a 2 mile walk. Basically, I have taken the part of my daily commute to work that consisted of waiting and riding the local train into town and decided to start walking it instead. After trying it out on Monday, and realizing that I still arrived to work at about the same time as when I took the train, I did it every night this week. It's a good little hike and the perect little cardio boost to help things along.

So we are in the homestretch for Recovery Week. I've got a vacation coming up next week and still trying to figure out what to do as far as planning my workouts. I am weighing a few options, but hope to get something down on the calendar soon. Stay tuned . . . .

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting because during this P90X journey I've realized that each workout has become harder, not easier as I've begun to master the moves, added heavier weights, and my health has improved. Hope you figure out a good fix for your vacation work outs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. Maybe what I mean is that my confidence with the workouts get better, which sort of makes it seem easier even though the physical work is hard. The trepidation is diminishing as the weeks go by. I don't know of that makes sense, but that's a more accurate description of what I mean.

    ReplyDelete