Thursday, February 3, 2011

Twilight Yoga

No this has nothing to do with those teenage vampires and werewolves. I was kinda tired after coming in from work this morning, and also had a bit of a headache. So opted to get some sleep and workout later in the day. And that worked out just fine.

Day 32: Yoga X
So this was a pretty good session. Just like last time I was sweating from beginning to end. I feel like my flexibility and balance are very slowly improving. Still a very long way to go. Things were a bit shaky toward the latter part of the Moving Asanas. The Balance Poses were better. Still unstable when balance on the right leg, but there was some improvment there tonight.

Floor Work was pretty much on par with the previous. Crane is still a dream away for me as is the Shoulder Stand/Pough poses. Still very much modifying on those. As usual the poses in between were good. Wheel and Table felt a but stronger.

Yoga Belly 7 was just okay. I felt like I was struggling a little more tonight than last time for some reason, but I pushed on through. As always it's such a relief to get to the relaxation poses at the end. Another Yoga X in the books. I don't feel like this was my best effort with it tonight, but I feel good that I stuck it out to the end.

2 comments:

  1. Do you use a yoga block??
    I found that it helps me alot. I am just no where near as flexible as they are on the dvd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I do use a block. It definitely helps, but between my lack of flexibility and balance, not to mention the girth and heft I am trying to get rid off, the moves (especially the Asanas and Yoga belly) are still a huge challenge. But I do feel improvements so I will just keep plugging along. Unlike a lot of folx, I actually like Yoga X. I think it's the most challenging of all of the workouts and I feel very accomplished when I make it to the end.

    ReplyDelete