Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Back to the Business at Hand

So after the "emotional rollercoaster" that was yesterday's weight fiasco (ha ha). It was time to regroup and focus on the job of the day.

Day 31: Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper X
Alrighty then. Dust it off and get back on it. The first week of Phase 2 is nearly half done and the call of the day was Back & Biceps. Today's workout was good. Not great, but good. Two things contributed to that. Lingering thoughts of yesterday and the fact that this particular DVD cuts right to the chase throughout, and since I am using the bands, that meant a lot of restarting sections because I had to see how to position myself for each exercise. Even though it's similar for most of the bicep exercises, I hadn't done this workout since September. So I had to re-learn the choreography.

Rep numbers were averaging in the mid teens. Lots of 12's throughout. No major highlights to report this go 'round. Except maybe getting 20 Wide Fronts done on the Max Rep set of Pull Ups, this was pretty much a cut and dry workout. I have nowhere to go but up when this one returns next week.

Ab Ripper X was pretty much on par as the last time. Just as strong. Actually a little stronger on the Oblique V-Ups, AND I got 11 Roll-up/V-up Combos done. My best number there on this round. Also got 22 Hip Rock and Raises completed. So I guess it was a bit better than before. So things started out kinda meh, but finished up reasonably good. Tomorrow brings Yoga X! Type at you later . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment