Monday, February 14, 2011

Eh . . .

Week 3 of Phase 2 kinda got off to a lackluster start. I think I had a case of the Monday blahs.

Day 43: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper X
Oddly enough, this work our was sort of the opposite of what usually happens with me. It started off pretty strong. But by about a third of the way into it, I started to lose my focus and started to get a little frustrated that I was having trouble getting it back. My reps were up on like the first four exercises, then they leveled off at the Pike Press. My rep numbers at this point were exactly on par with last week and remained so for about the next few exercises up to the One-Arm Push-Ups. Then things really started to get a bit ouit of whack. My concentration really slacked off and I ended up bowing out early on most of the remaining exercises. I somehow managed to up my reps on the Clap Push-Up. But the next three were not pretty at all. By the time I hit the Cross-Body Blows I was so ready to be done and I even considered totally skipping Ab Ripper X.

Then I took a few breaths and decided I needed to redeem myself somehow. I didn't want to end this session feeling defeated, so I let the DVD continue into Ab Ripper X. This was a hard one today, but I stayed on par with the previous times and made it through and managed to up my focus level somewhat to the end. The only setback was falling back to 11 Roll-Up/V-Ups. Otherwise I finished up pretty strong and felt like I brought some intensity back before it was all over. It was hard fought, but I made it thru.

I am hoping tomorrow goes better. I actually enjoy Plyo, so I think things will be okay. We shall see . . . .

2 comments:

  1. YOU BROUGHT IT PHREDD!!!! Don't think for a second that you didn't. You did your BEST! Now FORGET the REST!!! Throw bad vibes out. Tomorrow's a new and different workout. BRING IT!!!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete