Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Back to the Core Again

Still "recovering". . . . .

Day #51: Core Synergistics
Wow. I forgot what a butt-kicker this workout is! It certainly reminded me with its return tonight. Overall this was a pretty strong workout for me. The first section started off reasonably well. The only place I had an issue was the Sphinx Push-Ups. Those are still a little awkward for me. Had to make a few adjustments with the band on the Lunge & Reach before getting a good rhythm going on that one.

I am struggling with doing the standing portion of the Prison Cell Push-Ups. I pretty much remained on the floor and repeated the plank position part of it. Attempted the Squat X-Press with the band, but just couldn't get the upper extension, so I dropped the bands and did it without them using isometrics on the upper part. All Plank and NO Chaturanga Runs. I have to say that the Walking Push-Ups were stronger than I expected. I know my butt was too high, but at this point that's the only way I could stick with it for for the 4 reps. Since I still don't have free weights, I used isometric holding and flexing on the Lunge Kickback Curl Press. Towel "Stepovers" finished up this section.

The next section was good as well. Completed a nice set of the Reach High & Under Push-Ups. Followed by a very intense set of Steam Engines. And then the lovely Dreya Rolls, but minus the standing part.

Even though I kinda wanted to fast forward thru the Bonus Round, I decided to stay with Tony and Friends. Did a reasonably strong set of Plank to Chaturanga Isos, but had to fall out of them towards the end, just couldn't finish it. Halfback went well. And I actually attempted to do complete Table Dip Leg Raises. Those are hard for me and not pretty at all. I got about halfway thru them then had to keep both feet on the floor and finished just doing dips.

So recovery week 2 is still on a roll! A special treat tomorrow! A mid-week set of Kenpo X!!

No comments:

Post a Comment