Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Funtime!!

I never thought I would see the day when I considered working out fun. But P90X and Tony certainly make it fun. I hit the "gym" later today again after getting some sleep in after work. Brought it tonight!

Day 40: Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X
I really like this workout because I have reasonably strong legs (after years of carrying my weight around, they should be!!) and although I occasionally have issues with my back, I think since I've been working really hard these last 6 weeks, my back feels stronger, too. Still get that ol' stiffness every now and then, but I attribute that to age and the girth I am still holding, but gradually getting rid of. Anyway, let's get to the business at hand.

The Leg portions of the workout felt really good tonight. Balance Lunge was actually more balanced and less wobbly, and again I focused more on form throughout and for the most part was able to keep. Now I can't get low enough to touch the floor on the exercises where you're supposed to do that, but I did get lower than I have been getting. Also not quite getting airborne yet either, but still working hard. That will come soon.

Banded Pull-Up numbers were up on average by 2-3. Again focused on form and the isometric hold on these. I think I will consider moving up to the Green band soon to make this more of a challenge. And I am hoping by the next round of X, I can start using the pull-up bar.

I came really close to putting off Ab Ripper X tonight. But I had a feeling that if I didn't do it tonight, I probably wouldn't again until I am scheduled to which is Monday. So I decided to go ahead and get it done. I am glad I did. I am really feeling much better and stronger doing ARX. My old nemesis the Hip Rock N Raises were again tough, but complete. And I tied my round high of 12 of the V-Up/Roll-Up Combo, plus they were quite a bit less shaky this time and my legs aren't popping up on the sit up part of it. Trust me, ARX still a huge challenge, but you can't beat that feeling you get when you get to the end of the Mason Twists and realize how much work you've just done.

Weekend plans may scramble things up a bit and I may have to move Kenpo X to Sunday, but I love Kenpo so it will get done! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment