Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Backin' Up, Backin' Up!

I think today was one of the best X-workouts I have had so far. Feeling good and strong. Pressed Play and Brought It today!

Day #38: Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper X
I am very happy with today's workout! Rep numbers kind of fluctuated throughout. I focused even more on form today so that resulted in a slight drop in some numbers. But it also resulted in me still feeling a burn in my biceps and upper back. Reps were actually up for the majority of the session by an average of 2-3. A slight downward dip on 1-Arm Cross Body Curl, Reverse Grip Bent Over Rows, Crouching Cohens and Bent-Over Back Flys, but only by 1 or 2.

Highlights this go 'round: 21 banded Wide Grip Pull-Ups at the start and 25 of the same on the Max Rep Pull-Ups, 18 banded Towel Pull-Ups, an extra 2 Congdon locomotives for a total of 42, and 12 of the In-Out hammer Curls. The only misstep is realizing halfway through the Chin-Ups I had a forward grip instead of a reverse, so half of the 20 were done right. But i still got 20 done.

Ab Ripper X, just gets better and better! Very strong, and very hard fought as usual. Best set of Hip Rock N Raises so far. AND I upped my Roll-Up/V-Up Combo to 12! And that last one I really fought for. I was determined to beat my last two counts of 11. Now I still do quite a bit of modifying throughout ARX, but I can tell you I am not slacking at all. But it feels good to not dread doing as much as I used to. I actually sort of look forward to it now. . . . . Imagine that! Another one in the books.

Just one week away from the halfway point in this round! Gonna get some well-deserved rest. Tomorrow brings Yoga X. For now, here's the "Backin' Up" Lady . . . Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment