Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Halfway There . . .

So I have reached the midpoint in this round of P90X. The next 7 weeks will be crucial because it was at this point in my last attempted round that things sort of went south. But I am optimistic that all will turn out better this go 'round.

Day #45: Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper X
This was another good one. Really made a more concentrated effort to focus on form. More isometric holding on the banded pull-ups as well as on the banded curls. Makes such a huge difference. I felt the burn in my biceps more this time than I remember feeling before. Rep numbers were up by 1-2 throughout. No major increases. The focus on form means I don't go so fast, but I still wanted to better the numbers and that was achieved.

Ab Ripper X went well, too. Another hard fought one. Had to take a bit of a break in the middle of the Hip Rock N Raises (really not a fan of those. GRRR!!!), but still completed 25. Also squeezed out 12 of the Roll-Ups/V-Ups, so that puts me back where I was last week. Overall a good night in the "gym" for me.

Now to address the weight. You may or may not recall a few weeks ago when I had a bit of confusion concerning my actual weight. A mistake resulted in a 15 pound discrepency. When I thought I was at 290, it turns out I was actually at 305. The result of weighing myself on a carpeted surface as opposed to a hard one (truly a "duh" moment). So adjusting the numbers meant that my starting weight was actually at 320 and not 305. That was not a good day for me after the revelation was made, but I just accepted my mistake and pressed on.

So now that I have more accurate numbers to go by, I feel like I can celebrate a little again and this time mean it! So as of today, I have OFFICALLY broken the 300 barrier and came in at 298! So that is a total of 22 pounds lost since starting back on January 3! Now, I know I still have a LONG way to go, but I feel like the hard work is paying off.

Now I don't plan to weigh myself again until the 60 day mark and then not again until the end of this round. I want to hold fast to my vow to not be a scale whore. I am looking forward to see where I will be then. Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. holy crap! go you!

    it's taken me 13 months to lose 22 pounds! :-) granted ten of those pounds have been since 1/1/11, but still--

    w00t! keep pressing play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Phredd!! You can do it!!! I got off the P90x but plan to get back on. Still have lost 6 lbs though and looking forward to the next few months being very productive!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete