Monday, February 21, 2011

Recovery 2 Commences

So "Recovery" Week 2 is underway! An ooky tummy made Yesterday a rest day. And made me feel a bit like a slacker. So I know I wanted todays workout to be strong. But at first, I wasn't really feeling up to it. But I decided to Press Play and see what happens . . .

Day #50 Yoga X:
It turns out that Pressing Play was a good decision! I totally was not sure how much I wanted to do Yoga X today, but I surprised myself by turning out probably one of my strongest yoga sessions yet. My renewed focus on form has also made its way into Yoga X. I was actually able to clear my mind much better than before and that really created a good payoff.

Today's Moving Asanas were probably my best yet. I've been sort of playing with hand and block positions to better get into the Standing Splits and Half Moon poses. I am nowhere near getting the complete extension, but I must say today was probably the closest I ever came and with the least amount of shakiness. Still a long way to go, but getting closer.

Balance Postures showed some improvement as well. The troublesome Right leg held so much more steadier today. It still got a little wobbly, but I did not fall out of any of the postures for the first time in this round. I actually applauded myself for the effort!

Floor work and Yoga Belly 7 were all pretty much on par with the previous sessions. Torso Twist Holds were a little better today. And a nice finish as always with the Relaxation poses at the end.

So this second Recovery Week is off to a good start. I sort of feel like the latter half of Phase 2 was not as strong as it should have been. Even though I Brought It as much as I could, I feel like I could have made a better effort. So my goal in Phase 3 is to re-focus again and kick things up a notch. Come back with the same concentration on form and intensity, but with more effort. And perhaps some extra-curricular activities to resume the momentum and up the ante a bit.

Of course, I'll tell you all about it here. Happy Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! You're doing great and you are SO close to the end! :-)

    ReplyDelete