Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Night at the X

So when I rolled out of bed earlier, my legs were a little sore and my back was a little stiff. So naturally today's workout was . . . .

Day #47: Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X
Wasn't sure about this one heading in, but history seems to be that whenever I've gone into a workout unsure or not completely willing, those workouts turn to be the better ones. And that was again the case tonight. I played it safe in the warm-up because of the stiffness in my lower back. But once the actual workout got going it was full speed ahead.

Rep numbers across the board on the banded pull-ups pretty much held steady from last time. But as I've been doing lately, I really focused and form and isometrics. As things went along, my the sensation in my back actually subsided.

Again, form was the focus on the leg exercises as well and I pretty much went toe-to-toe with Tony and Co. So a timid start led to a strong, sweaty finish. But of course the work wasn't done yet.

Tonights Ab Ripper X was very strong. I took one short break in the middle of the Hip Rock N Raises, but my effort there was probably my best so far. Same with the V-Up/Roll-Ups. I matched 12 again, but my legs are not popping up nearly as much on the initial sit-up part of those. And in the past I would fall out of the middle of one near the end of the cycle, but that did not happen this time. I dare say tonight's ARX was the best so far!

Kickin' it with Kenpo tomorrow! Oh, yeah! 'Til then . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment