Monday, August 23, 2010

Back in the Game . . .

So the first half of last week was awesome. Started the week off pulling a double and then reached the halfway mark on a high note. Then, the latter half of last week just totally fell into a Cuisinart and got totally pureed. Had several things happening and not enough time and energy and sleep to do it all. So I ended up missing my Yoga X, Back & Biceps and Kenpo X workouts. Luckily I didn't do any binging or go crazy with the eating. I will confess to having some ice cream after a very spicy Indian dinner on Friday night, but beyond that, I didn't go flying off the wagon. So I decided to just do a do-over and start the week fresh. The plan is to follow the schedule as it was laid for last week and pick up the counting and the detailed journaling when I hit the point where I left off on Thursday, starting completely over didn't make sense since I only see this as a stumble and not a tumble. Kinda wacky I know, but this will work for me

Day 43 (Version 2.0) - Chest Shoulders and Triceps / Ab Ripper X
So I did not record my workout today because I am sort of supplementing the impromptu break. That doesn't mean I didn't work just as hard, however. I was concerned going in that the break may result in a struggle. But I am happy to say things went okay. I guess having the first 45 days of work behind me paid off in that I didn't feel like I was starting over from scratch. It took me a minute to get into the groove. But I think I found it. I would say that today's workout was maybe only slightly less below par from last Monday. There were a few places where I took a mini-break or didn't start right away with Tony & Friends. But for the most part, especially in the latter half, I did bring it and it felt like I never left.

Same with Ab Ripper X. The Wide Leg Sit-up and the Roll-Up/V-Up Combos were a bit more challenging than the last time, but everything else was pretty much on the same level as the last time I did this last Wednesday. So all-in-all, I fee like I am on track to getting back in the swing of things overall and really tackle the second half of this round of P90X.

This song from Queen says it all, "The Show Must Go On." Feels good to be back on track! See you here tomorrow!


:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment