Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday, Yoga Sunday

Sleeping through Friday sort of jumbled up my workout schedule for today, so instead of Resting or X Stretch om this fine Sunday, it was time to break out my new yoga mat and blocks and hit the deck for some . . .

Day 28 - Yoga X
So I don't know what it was. The refreshment I got from a really good night's sleep after yesterdays Sweat-a-palooza? Or maybe getting to break in my new lavender yoga mat and blocks. Yes, lavender. Don't judge me! Wallyworld only had lavender yoga blocks, so obviously I had to get a lavender mat to match, right? Anyway, today's Yoga X was far and above better than the last one (which was kinda sucky, if you remember)!

So I got things started off pretty strong with the Moving Asanas section of the workout. was holding my Planks and Downward Dogs quite nicely today. I even managed to almost get right into the Runner's Pose without as much adjustment. This of course made for much more efficient Crescent, Warriors and Triangle poses. The blocks cam in real handy with the Triangles!And damn the sweat was just pouring out of me pretty early on. That let me know that I was really giving it my best today. But still had a ways to go in the workout, so no resting on laurels here.

Managed to get a pretty decent Chair and Twisting Chair accomplished. I could still stand to get lower, and still not quite flexible enough to get my elbow on the outside of my knees, but there was much less discomfort than I had been feeling here before. Also, a much more stable Right Angle Pose to Pose & Grab. Still no hand contact there, but was better able to hold the pose. On the Prayer Twist from Runners Pose to Side Arm Balance, again can't quite get the elbow on the outside of knee. Also used my lower legs for leverage on the Side Arm Balance. It was still a bit shaky, but my best effort yet.

Now the first most challenging part of Yoga X has been the Standing Splits and the Half Moons. But having the blocks allowed me to make a slightly better showing on this. I am a long way from getting my free leg up to a 90 degree angle, but I managed to get it in a good 45 for a few seconds in patches through out this section. Got very wobbly towards the end, my balance got a little thrown off, I think because I was trying a little too hard to get this as close as I could.

Hading into the Balance Postures, a much, much better Tree
Didn't fall out of it at all! Better effort on the Royal Dancer as well. Still not grabbing my ankle due to inflexibility, but held the one-legged pose with extended arms the entire time on the left leg, and most of the time on the right leg. Lost my balance towards the end and had to come out of it early. Sort of redeemed ny self with the Standing Leg Extension. Raised leg was again at 45, not 90, but I held onto the pose for the whole duration, even if it got trembly towards the end.

And now, down to the floor. Still not Crane ready, child's pose in lieu. Seated Spinal Stretch all the way though to the Bridge was a very good and well executed section. Also, still doing a heavily modified Plough to Shoulder Stand Blah Blah Blah. This is of course the next way to challenging section of the workout, and I still have a long way to go to get to doing this anywhere near close. Table, Cobbler Pose and Hamstring stretches were just above par today.

Began The Yoga Belly 7 with my strongest Touch the Sky so far. Got the legs up a little bit higher today. Had a pretty decent Boat and Half Boat as well. Not quite getting the hight I want, but holding the positions much longer and a little stronger. The Torso Twist Holds were okay. Didn't quite get the effort I was going for. Again, I think trying a little too hard made my wuss out of these sooner that I wanted to. I put in such in effort there that the second set of Touch the Sky was not nearly as strong as the first one.

Finished well with good sets of Side Twists, Glute Stretches, Happy Baby and Child's Pose, and of course my favorite part of this work out: The Corpse, Fetal and Meditation Poses. Came out of this one feeling very calm and with a real sense of accomplishment.

So this concludes Phase I of my first Round of P90X. I think I put in a really good effort with the workouts. However, the nutrition end still could use as much dedication as the exercising. I haven't gone crazy with the food, but portions and scheduling and ratios were quite out of whack. So My physical results are probably not where i want them to be at this stage. I haven't checked my numbers yet, but I am eager to see where I stand. So my goal for Phase II is to really streamline the diet and make a better effort of following the Nutrition Plan as outlined.

Today I present The Monkees with "Pleasant Valley Sunday." Hope your Sunday is a good one!


:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment