Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Change in Plans

So I opted to sleep first then do Yoga X. But I woke up a little later than I had planned. And I really just wasn't in the mindset for Yoga X. Maybe I'll do X Stretch? No. Oddly enough, I was more in the mood to do some real moving today, but I didn't want to head into Plyometrics again so soon. So I decided to try out the one workout I hadn't done yet.

Day 39 - Cardio X
So I figured this will be the perfect solution. It's relatively short. And it encompasses a little bit of Yoga, Kenpo, Plyo and Core. A lovely mixed bag of sweat! I Pressed Play and got things rolling with the Yoga section of the workout. Even though this only went for a short while, it convinced me that Yoga X wasn't gonna happen for me today. I get through the moves okay, but I was eager to move on to the more active parts of the workout.

Next came the Kenpo section. I have already stated that Kenpo X is my favorite workout at the moment, so I
was very happy to get some kicks in. I got so into it that I started to feel a little tired. No doubt due to the fact that I had an empty stomach that had been empty for quite awhile. I should've eaten a little something for some fuel, but I was already in the middle of the workout, so it was too late. I just kept plugging along. By the time I got to the Jab/Cross/Hook/Uppercut and the Three Direction Kicks, I had to take a bit of a breather.

I paused the DVD for a minute before heading into the Plyo section of the workout. I had to catch my breath and get another wind going. I regrouped and resumed the workout. So the bulk of this section was very familiar (Heisman, Swing Kick, Jump Shot, Tire) because they are in the Plyo workout. But then there was the Wacky Jacks, which look more fun than they actually are. It took me a second to get my coordination for this one, but once I did, it was fine. But by the time I got to the second round, my obliques weren't loving this one so much.

Finishing up with the Core section of the workout, I was cursing the countdown clock because it wasn't ticking away fast enough. I was, at this point, starting to feel like I might puke. But I was too close to the end to stop so I went with it and kept up my intensity level as best I could. Why are there Dreya Rolls here? WHY? I can't do those yet, so I opted to do a series of low Squats leading up to a Y-Pose in lieu. Completed the workout with a hard fought for Superman/Banana. Y'know something called Superman/Banana should be way more fun that it actually is. Am I wrong about that?

Anyhoo, this provided just what I needed today. I good, short, sweaty, workout to get the juices flowing. Makes me feel less guilty for blowing off Yoga X. I may do it Sunday instead of resting or X Stretch. We'll see how I feel then.

Your song for today is "(Keep Feeling) Fascination" by the Human League, because they sing about plans changing and truths re-arranging and moving on and such which sort of applies to today. Anyway, enjoy!


:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment