Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sweatin' to the Vinyasas

Happy Thursday! Hope all is well in your world!

Day 32 - Yoga X
Another day, another moist session of Yoga X! No major revelations are progressions this go 'round. Today's goal was to retain focus and hold positions as best as I could. For the most part that was the case.

By the time I completed the Moving Asanas, I was soaked with sweat like I had just completed
Plyo! I know I was trying extra hard to get the poses done as close to proper today. And for the most part I was more successful with tat today, until I got to the Standing Splits and Half Moons. I have SO far to go with balance and flexibility for those moves. But I feel like I inched ever closer today.

I lost a little bit of concentration during the Balance Postures. I made it through Tree on the left leg with no problem. And the right leg started out okay, but then I started wavering towards the end. I held on, but it was very shaky. The Royal Dancer continued my descent and I could not maintain balance at all during this part. I sort of got it back together for the Standing Leg Extension and finished up okay.

All of the Floor Work was pretty much on par with the previous Yoga X session. I actually tried a few times to get into the Shoulder Stance, but the effort proved futile, so that whole portion was completely modified by extending and holding my legs in similar positions to the proper form while I was on my back.

The Yoga Belly 7 was also on par with some very slight improvement on holding the Boats, Torso Twists and Touch the Sky. And of course everything after that is pretty much a breeze after all the hard work.

For today's song I wanted to post "Let's Get Wet" by the 80's band The Kane Gang, But I couldn't find it, so here's another song from them that I like, "The Closest Thing to Heaven." Keep bringing it!!


:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment