Wednesday, August 11, 2010

That's More Like It!

I was bound and determined to bounce back from yesterday's so-so Plyo. And I think I acheived that!!

Day 38 - Back & Biceps / Ab Ripper X
Felt a LOT better today going into the workout! From the very start I felt the familiar vim and vigor that had become the norm when approaching my workouts. I am truly grateful for it. So let's take a look at the numbers. Difference from previous workout, as usual, is in red.

Wide Front Pull-Ups: 25 +4
Lawnmowers: 17 left, 17 right +1, +1
Twenty-Ones: 21 0
One-Arm Cross-Body Curls: 13 -1
Switch Grip Pull-Ups: 20 0
Elbows-Out Lawnmowers: 13 left, 13 right 0, 0
Standing Bicep Curls: 15 0
One-Arm Concentration Curls: 15 left, 16 right: 0, +1
Corn Cob Pull-Ups: 10 0
Reverse Grip bent Over Rows: 15 0
Open Arm Curls: 17 +2
Static Arm Curls: 24 +4
Towel Pull-Ups: 15 0
Congdon Locomotives: 40 +5
Crouching ohen Curls: 18 +1
One-Arm Corkscrew Curls: 16 +1
Chin-Ups: 21 +1
Bent Over back Flys: 18 +2
Curl-Up/Hammer Downs: 20 0
Hammer Curls: 12 -1
Max Rep Pull-Ups (Wide-Grip): 24 -1
In-Out Hammer Curls 12 0
Strip-Set Curls: 27 +6

So I really made a concerted effort to focus on form today. And also adjusting the Red bands for more tension on most of the exercises. That's most likely the reason the numbers are so closely comparable to the last Back & Biceps workout. Not a lot of plusses, and quite a few break evens. And knowing how much effort I put into it, I am actually fine with that. I can honestly say that I was putting in the work and getting the form right because my biceps were burning quite a bit during the workout. Moreso than I remember them doing before. Very happy with that. Also very happy with my Supermans. Those are really tough coming so close to the end of the workout, especially after all that came before it. But I felt like I got a better raise on the legs and the upper body (moreso on the legs), and held on strong for each duration. Overall quite pleased with the workout.

Now, I must be getting a little closer to loving Ab Ripper X because I find myself actually looking forward to it. (Did I just say that???) I think it's because I am seeing my ability to complete it increase more and more with each session, and that just makes me want to do better. I will note that today's was pretty much on par with the previous one. And that's a good thing! Still happy with the progress I have made specifically with the Wide Leg Sit-Ups, Hip Rock N Raise and the Roll-Up/V-up Combo. I actually did the that one a little better today and managed to squeeze out 13, four more than before. A few of the other exercises still also have much room for improvement, but me and ARX are getting ever so much closer to becoming friends!!

So because I felt strong enough to complete a great workout this evening, here is Cher with "Stong Enough." Have a great night. Yoga X is on tab for tomorrow!


:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment