Monday, August 9, 2010

Paying for the Weekend

So even though I technically didn't miss any workouts over the weekend, I had a little too much fun hanging with friends and consuming some things that I hadn't in almost 2 months. I woke up this morning feeling kinda blah. I put off working out as long as I could until my conscience told me to do the right thing and Press Play today. As usual, I am glad I did.

Day 36 - Chest, Shoulders & Triceps / Ab Ripper X
Went into this one not totally committed, and
practically dragging and kicking. I new it needed to be done, so it was time to stop whining and start working! Even though it started off kinda weak, my energy and intensity picked up somewhat as it went
along. Here are the numbers. Difference in red.

Slow Motion 3-in-1 Push-Ups: 11, 0 bonus -1, -5
In & Out Shoulder Flys: 18 +1
Chair Dips: 24 +3
Plange Push-Ups: 20 +2
Pike Press: 10 +1
Side Tri-Rises: 15 left/15 right -1/0
Floor Flys: 24 0
Scarecrows: 8 0
Overhead Tricep Extensions: 10 -1
Two-Twitch Speed Push-Ups: 12 fast/7 slow 0/+1
Y-Presses: 14 +2
Triceps Extensions: 14 -1
Side-to-Side
Push-Ups: 16 +6
Pour Flys: 13 +1
Side-Leaning Tricep Extensions: 11 left/11 right +1/-1
One-Arm Push-Ups 11 +1
Weighted Circles: 20 forward/20 backwards 0/+2
Throw the Bomb: 10/10 -1/-1
Clap Push-Ups: 12 +2
Slo-Mo-Throws: 8 -2
Front-to-Back Tricep Extensions: 20 0
One-Arm Balance Push-Ups: 12 +2
Fly-Row Presses: 10 +4
Dumbell Cross-Body Blows: 22 -2

So you can see, it was pretty much a mixed bag of progress here. Up on some, broke even on others, and a few less on still others. Not a huge surprise considering how I was feeling today. But I must say, better than I expected I would do. I am still on my knees for the push-ups and still using the Red band. And everything is still very challenging with those things in consideration. My goal is to definitely come in with more gusto next week and have more plusses in the column!

So in my mind I was wondering how Ab Ripper X was gonna treat me today in light of my demeanor. Actually, it wasn't bad at all. I would say it was on par with Friday's. I actually managed to keep a better count on the exercises today now that my form is getting better. So I know we do 25 of everything except for the Leg Climb and Mason Twists. I completed 25 of each of the In & Outs, Bicycles (forward AND backward), and Crunchy Frogs. Now on the Wide Leg Sit-Up, even though the form is better, I cannot do them as fast, so I completed 12 out of 25. Then 25 Fifer Scissors (still with foot on floor for half the time), then 13 Hip Rick N Raises.

Second half of ARX: 25 Pulse Ups (with legs being held up with hands), 9 Roll-Up/V-Up Combos (really happy with that, still manged to keep a close form on it), 25 Oblique V-Ups on both sides (legs still slightly apart, but getting better), 12 Leg Climbs on both sides and 50 Mason Twists (with feet still on the floor).

So even with the sloggy start at the beginning, I at least finished strong with another great ARX session. So I am feeling much better to have made it through! Week 6 is off and running!!

On that note, here's JoDee Messina's version of Barry Manilow's "I Made it Through The Rain." Have a great week!


:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment