Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Halfway There!

Well here we are at the halfway benchmark. I have to be honest, when I started this, I wasn't sure if I was gonna last a week, and now I am in the homestretch of Week 7! Feeling good, things are moving along swimmingly. I still need to conquer the nutrition end a little better, but overall, things are great. Feeling better, clothes are little looser, and gaining a more and more positive outlook on life. In the words of Martha Stewart, P90X: It's a good thing!

Day 45 - Back & Biceps / Ab Ripper X
I entered this workout in an upbeat kinda mood. I was actually kinda antsy and ready to go and was wishing Tony would stop talking and start moving! Although, I have to say he is quite the motivator, and quite the goofball. He really makes the torture a lot of fun. So my mantra lately has been Form, Form, Form! I am at the point where I really want to make sure I am doing the exercises correctly to get the maximum effect from them. With that in mind, my rep numbers lately have been closer to even, and in some cases a little less than before. Quality over quantity. Let's review the numbers . . .

Wide Front Pull-Ups: 25 0
Lawnmowers: 18 left/17 right +1/0
Twenty-Ones: 21
One-Arm Cross-Body Curls: 15 +2
Switch Grip Pull-Ups: 22 +2
Elbows-Out Lawnmowers: 13 left/ 12 right 0/-1
Standing Bicep Curls: 15 0
One-Arm Concentration Curls: 15 left/15 right 0/-1
Corn Cop Pull-Ups: 10 0
Reverse Grip Bent-Over Rows: 14 -1
Open Arm Curls: 18 +1
Static Arm Curls: 20 -4
Towel Pull-Ups: 18 +3
Congdon Locomotives: 35 -5
Crouching Cohen Curls: 19 +1
One-Arm Corkscrew Curls: 17 +1
Chin-Ups: 21 0
Bent Over Back Flys: 18 0
Curl-Up/Hammer Downs: 17 -3
Hammer Curls: 13 +1
Max Rep Pull-Ups (Wide Grip): 25 +1
In-Out Hammer Curls: 13 +1
Strip-set Curls: 32 +5

Plus, had a very strong set of Supermans, as well! This was a good set, resulting in an extremely soaked tshirt! I notice a big difference when I focus on form and not just trying to get high reps in. I have already been doing a good number of reps on most of my exercises in general all along. In tryin to get high numbers, I sometimes sacrificed form, which in turn sacrifices benefits. So heading into the second half of my first round of P90X, I will most definitely make proper form a top priority.

Had another great Ab Ripper X as well. I have a ways to go before doing a perfect set of ARX, but I have also come a long way in the last seven weeks. I completed 17 Wide-Lg Sit-ups! The most so far! Also completed 17 Hip Rock N Raises, also a personal best. My Roll-Up/V-Up Combo has really vastly improved form-wise. I got 12 completed, but more importantly, they were completed the closest to proper form than ever before. Also seeing some minor positioning improvment on the Leg Climb. Got my back a little further up from the floor. Still having some issues with the Fifer Scissor and the Pulse-Ups, but seeing how well I am coming along in other places gives me confidence that I well improve on those as well.

So the Halfway Hurdle has been cleared. Now it's time to kick it up a notch and finish this round strong!!

So one of my favorite singers is Celine Dion. I know apparently it's not "cool" to like her, but I don't care. I am a fan. So there! And this is one of my favorite songs from her, "Halfway to Heaven." Hope all is well in your world!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuuVv-4lMFQ

:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment