Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ugh . . .

So yesterday was just hard. I felt really sluggish during most of the workout. I guess I could attribute it to the fact that I felt a little queasy the night before and paid several visits to the porcelain throne. That's the only thing I can pinpoint that was different. So it was with 3/4 heart that I endured . . .

Day 37 - Plyometrics
So early on, I was just not completely into it. I felt a bit tired and once things got started, my legs started feeling quite pasta-like pretty quickly. I ended up coming out of pretty much all of the Squat exercises earlier than normal. The Heismans, Swing Kick and Circle Run were pretty much adequate. About the same amount of work was put n for both rounds of the first section.
Second set of exercises were pretty much on par with the first. My Jump Knee Tuck, which had been coming along, was totally not there last night. I managed a reasonable hop, but was not getting the height or the knee bend. Kinda slogged my way through the Mary Katherines and the Leap Frog Squat. Twist Combo, again, adequate.

So, at the halfway point of the workout, I tried my best to regroup, because i came really close to just Pressing Stop and letting it go. But I made myself continue. I just said the first half was a wash and now I needed to find some gusto from somewhere and Bring It t the second half. So with that, things pickup a little going into the next set.

So, I managed to actually get a few Rock Star Hops off the ground. Not as many as before, but I was determined to do SOMETHING. The Gap Jumps went okay. The first set of Squat Jacks were also jest okay, but I got through near 7/8 of a full set on the second go 'round. Military Marches were fine. Could've gotten better extension on the arms and the legs, but I was feeling better about things in general at this point.

So the last set before the Bonus Round was here and I was determined to finish if not strong, at least stronger than i started. So I got a just above adequate first set of the final four (Run Squat 180 Jump Switch to the [modified] Hot Foot), but on the second set, I felt a little fire go off in me and really brought more intensity. So much so that instead of skipping the Bonus Round like I originally planned, I kept going and got through to the end on a good note.

So yeah, it was rough, and started out quite shaky and weak, but I managed to make it though to the end. I am about to get ready to hit Back & Biceps. Feeling better today and I hope that is reflected in the workout.

So the song for yesterday's hard fought workout is Steve Brookstein's version of "Against All Odds." See you back here in a bit.


:^)

No comments:

Post a Comment