Saturday, July 31, 2010

Core Synergistics Revisited

So it would seem I pulled a double of sorts today. Or maybe a one-and-a-half. As I noted in my previous post, I "enjoyed" a 2 mile hike from Walmart to home and was covered in sweat as if I had just done a P90X workout. Then after cooling off and relaxing a bit, it was time to make up for yesterday's missed workout.

Day 27 - Core Synergistics
So I got to break in my new workout mat today! Yay! And it got quite damp with my sweat. Today's Core Syn was markedly better than the last one. I think my day of rest came in handy yesterday as I was very much energized for this workout.

Got off to a good start with the Stacked Foot/Staggered Hands Push-Ups. Still on my knees with push-ups in general, but it was much less awkward than last time. Banana Rolls were shaky due to my increased effort of trying to maintain height of my upper body and legs thoughout. I did the Leaning Crescent Lunges empty handed again, but it's still a challenge regardless. And the Squat Run is actually kinda fun!

Sphinx Push-Ups, not so much fun. Still trying to work out my arm position for that. I think I started off with them too far back, and that was hard, so I shuffled them for
ward and that was hard, too. My version of Bow to Boat is still shaky and not pretty, but much better than last time, even with still no hand to ankle connection. Got my knees a skootch higher this time. On the Low Lateral Skaters, Tony says to watch out that your feet don't start moving inward. I actually have the opposite problem in that my feet start spreading outward during this one. So I had to readjust a few times. I actually managed to get my stretched foot off of the floor for about 1/2 a second, but it happened!

On the Lunge & Reach, I still need to find the right position on the band to get the max out of that one. I end up either putting my foot too close to the handle creating too much tension on the upreach, or too far away creating not enough tension. Ah, yes and then the much appreciated first break!!

The Prison Cell Push-Ups are just a real doozy!! I think I completed 5 or maybe 6 of these, and very slowly. I felt happy I was able to do that many. Still using my lower legs for leverage on the Side Hip Raise, but maintained a better form and better height this time. I decided to skip the bands on the Squat X-Press again and focus on the squat portion of the exercise and then really extending upward on the press. I got through most of the duration of the Plank to Chaturunga Run and even though it was hard to maintain a really good form, I did a reasonable version of it for about 3/4 of the set before stopping.

I gave a B+ effort on the Walking Push-Ups. This can't be done on the knees, because that would be crawling, so I attempted them again. I know my butt was way too high in the air, but that was the only way I could maintain anything resembling the position for this. I got about 4 sets (2 forward, 2 back) done before collapsing on the floor, then got one more very trembly set done before giving it up. After that, the Superman Banana was quite challenging. I got through it and even almost kept up with the faster cadence toward the end. Almost.

I grabbed a couple of cans of veggies to use as light weights for the Lunge Kickback Curl Press. Better form on this than before. Had an easier time remembering the positioning of the arms. Then again with the short pauses between Towel Hoppers. And another appreciated break, but with Ballistic Stretches this time.

Heading to the end of the Core Syn tunnel, Reach High and Under Push-Ups. Again done with knees on floor and lower legs on the sideways position. It's still a bitch even done that way. Got a really good focused set of Steam Engines completed and in lieu of Dreya Rolls (after the near disastrous attempt last time), I opted to do a deep squat with arms extended forward and then up into a jump in the air.

Stuck it out for the Bonus Round again. On the Plank to Chaturanga Iso, my belly is still on the floor on the Chaturanga, but only that and hands and feet - I kept the knees off the floor. I was really drained during the Halfback, so they were a little sloppy, I must admit. Not the usual better form I had with these before. Instead of the Table Dip Leg Raise, I did a Chair dip with the leg raise. Got about 20 of those done. So another Core Synergistics in the books. Feeling much better about this one than the last one. And just like the last time I am feeling the effects in my core area well after finishing. So I guess that's a good sign that even with the modifications and the not so stable form on some parts, the work is still getting done. I'm good with that!

So between the hike earlier and Core Synergistics - on this Saturday, I put up quite a fight! So the obvious choice for the song of the day is "Saturday Nights Alright (For Fighting)" by Elton John. Please to enjoy. One day left in Phase I!! Woo!


:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment