Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Good Day for a Stretch

After Core and Kenpo on consecutive days, my body was not liking me! I had general light soreness just about everywhere! So I was more than ready to take it a little easier today.

Day 25 - X Stretch
So nothing really groundbreaking with today's workout. Just calm, stretchy goodness. I really took my time and focused on extension and holding for this round of X Stretch. Still a huge fan of the Dreya Forearm Stretch. Everything leading up to it was done with enough intensity to really feel the arms being worked, but the Dreyas were done with as much flexing as I could muster and it felt good all up and down the arms. Sometimes I just like to do that one at random times just because it feels so good and really helps my arms.

Also still a big fan of the Rollers and the way it makes my back feel. It's exactly what I needed since my back has been still a bit stiff since the weekend. Still having to heavily modify the Plough, although I actually attempted to get into the shoulder stand position. Not happening just yet, so back to my version of it today. All of the stretches leading up to the Camel, were done successfully. The Camel itself was a bit shaky. I had to really fight the feeling of falling back, so some extra effort in supporting my back was the order. I again repeated the Camel for the Back Hero after attempting it first.

Still having to modify the Kenpo Quad Stretch and the Bow because of lack of hand to ankle connection. Then smooth sailing from the Low Squat all the way to the end with the Child's Pose.
A very good session. I always exit this with a similar calmness that I get from Yoga X, but without the extra sweat and the near acrobatics. And I really felt a difference in my body afterwards as well.

So tomorrow brings another fun-filled Core Synergistics as "Recovery" Week rolls on. Phase I is drawing to a close soon and I am feeling pretty good.

Today's song is Madonna's "Express Yourself" for no other reason than it just popped into my head and wouldn't leave. Enjoy!


:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment