Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Above the Rest

Plyo really did a number on my yesterday, but instead of the soreness I was expecting, I actually felt pretty good all night. So I went into today's workout in a very positive mood. Let's review the festivities . . .

Day 10 - Shoulders & Arms / Ab Ripper X
Like with Chest & Back, I saw an uptick in a few numbers today compared to last week's. I pretty much had a good groove going from beginning to end with things today. Even Ab Ripper X was stronger for me today! A good sign! Here's today's numbers. Like before, the difference in the numbers from last weeks Shoulders & Arms are highlighted in red. Also, still using the Red band across the board on this one.

Alternating Shoulder Presses: 14/14 +2/+1
In & Out Bicep Curls: 16/19 +1/+1
Two-Arm Tricep Kickbacks: 12/12 -2/0
Deep Swimmer's Presses: 16/14 +1/+5
Full Suppination Concentration Curls: 11/12 -1/+1
Chair Dips: 25/25 +2/+6
Upright Rows: 16/16 +1/-1
Static Arm Curls: 24/24 +8/+6
Flip-Grip Twist Tricep Kickbacks: 16/16 -2/+3
Two-Angle Shoulder Flys: 16/20 0/+4
Crouching Cohen Curls: 21/20 +1/+4
Tricep Extensions: 14/11 +10/+3

Bonus Round:
In & Out Straight-Arm Shoulder Flys: 18/18 +2/+2
Congdon Curls: 16/19 +2/+1
Side Tri-Rises: 20 left, 20 right / 21 left, 19 right +8,+8/+5/-8

Happy to see more plus signs. I concentrated on my form moreso today than last week, so I think that really affected the numbers. Some were good, some were better, some were just okay. But overall, I felt like I really pushed myself again today, so I an happy with what I accomplished.

Ab Ripper X today felt much better than Monday's! I still have to modify a few things, but I made a concerted effort to concentrate on work my mid-section even more and I could actually feel the burn there more than I rember feeling it in previous ABX workouts. I definitely made some headway on the Bicycle, especially the Reverse. Still had to come out of it early, but not as early as before. I got my back up even higher on the Wide Leg Sit-up. It's still more of a crunch, but I know I was at least a good 4-5 inches higher off the floor than Monday! And the Obliqu V-Ups, I actually made it closer to the end of the duration than I have before, although I ams till struggling with keeping my feet together, but not as much.

Some notes
In addition to concentrating on form, I also made adjustments with the bands. I made the loops bigger or smaller to adjust the tension where I felt it was needed. Now that I've got the hang of the Side Tri-Rises, there were MUCH stronger and I hope to get higher on those on the next go 'round. On bothe sets of Shoulder Flys I went beyond the 16 that Tony said everyone had to do, just to push it a little further. I think after Kenpo X, this may very well be a close second as far as my favorite workout in the series that I have done so far. I completely expect the numbers to go up again next week! I may even go up to the Green band on some of the exercises!

So today's workout will be represented by the great Paul Anka with "Put Your Head On My Shoulder." Have a great day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkWi0AKtEA

:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment