Sunday, July 25, 2010

Make-Up Day

Actually it was Make-Up Weekend. I was IN make-up on Saturday on the set of a zombie movie trailer. And because of that I didn't get to my scheduled workout, in essence turning it into a rest day. So today I had to, yes, "make up" for it (clever, yes, I know, hee hee . . .). So I rolled my creeky butt out of bed and took a hot shower to sort of loosen my body up some, and then hit the "gym" for a little . . .

Day 21 - Kenpo X:
I really hated to miss out on Kenpo X yesterday, so I was quite eager to get to it today. Started things out a little slow, because I was still feeling the effects of yesterday's activities, which involved hours of sitting (and napping) on an uncomfortable chair then acting like a zombie into the wee hours of the morning (well, to about 1 am).

So the intensity came on more and more as I went thru the the first section of the workout (Twist & Pivot through to the Jab/Cross/Hook/Uppercut). By the time I got to the first cardio break, I was sweating nicely, a good sign that I was doing the work. During the cardio break I felt like trying the X jumps and gave it ago about halfway through. Although my legs didn't extend as far as Tony & Co.'s on the way up, I got up there and it felt pretty good. So I decided to do it in all of the cardio breaks.

I felt so good about finally making a somewhat more successful than normal attempt at the the X Jumps, I entered the next set of exercises with some real gusto! Steady and growing intensity from the Step Drag/Hi-Lo Punch all the way through to the Ball Kick. I especially brought it to the Knee Kick, that one felt relly good! In the next cardio Break I did the X Jumps from the beginning. Yes!

The next set was also quite intense coming out of another sweet cardio break. The highlight from this section (Side Kick through to the Step Drag/Claw/Low Punch) was most definitely the Side Lunge with High Sword/Low Hammer. This is my favorite part of this section. For some reason it really gets me going and I am swording and hammering like a mad man. It's usually around this point where I notice the glistening sweat on my shoulders and know that I am truly bringing it, and it makes me work even harder. This was followed by another great cardio break.

I am also starting to like the Block section more and more, even if it kills my quads from being in that Horse stance the most of the time. And now that I really have the cadence and motions down with the Star Block, I'm able to focus and end this section on a true high note. Star Block is definitely the highlight of this section. Then the next cardio break.

The last section of the workout arrived and I was really on fire by this point. From the Front Shuffle with Hi Block/Lo Punch through to the Vertical Punches, I was hitting that stage where I knew the end was coming, and wanted to finish strong. So that's waht I did. I think the highlight in this section has to be the Knuckles/Ball Kick/Back Kick. It's the most elaborate part of this section and took me a few tries to get the movement right. Now that I've got a better hold of it, I can really focus and work it out pretty hard.

A couple of small notes
I am very happy with this workout! I know that in general P90X is effecting my body. The proof was especially evident during the cardio breaks. Not only I was able to get airbornes with the X Jacks, but I noticed I got through the Jumping Jacks much stronger and less winded. That realization made me quite happy.

Again, so far this is my favorite workout in the series, so there was no way I was gonna let this week get by without doing it. Started a little slow, but definitely didn't end that way!

This puts 3 weeks in the books for my first round of P90X! Tomorrow begins Recovery Week. Which doesn't mean I get to rest. Not at all. Along with the continuation of Yoga X, Kenpo X and X Stretch, I will be introduced to Core Synergistics. Can't wait to see how that meeting turns out! You'll find out about it right here. So stay tuned!

So today's song is related to this post only because the words "make up" are in the lyrics. My favorite scene from the movie "My Best Friend's Wedding" is Rupert Everett and the cast singing "I Say a Little Prayer for You". Enjoy it and the rest of your Sunday. Week 4 starts tomorrow and next week we'll get some weights and measures done and see how things are progressing.


:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment