Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Glistening

I've just been Plyo'd!! And pretty hard, too! But through all the sweating and breathing and minor discomfort here and there, I enjoyed it. Must've been the endorphins . . . or some deep seeded sadistic side of me . . .

Day 16 - Plyometrics
So my third foray into Plyometrics may very well have been my best so far! I felt like I really brought it today! Still modifying as necessary, but I felt like I made some real strides today.

Starting off, I actually jumped on the Jump Squats. Before I was merely hopping of the floor, but today I found myself spring toward the ceiling. The Run-Stance Squat, however sort of brought me back to earth. I started off springing on the turn then reverted back to quick stepping toward the end of the set. The Airborne Heisman and Swing Kicks were just above par with last week's. The repeat was pretty much the same, except I did fewer springs on the Jump Squat and stepped throught the entire Run-Stance Squat, all be it going lowere than before. My legs were already starting to burn.

After the first break, the same thing happened with the Squat Reach Jump. Started off jumping, ended up hopping. I quick stepped through teh Run-Stance squat Switch Pick-Ups, but made up for that by getting lower than last week. Double Heisman and Circle Run, again just above par wth last week. The repeat was pretty much the same here as well.

Jump Knee Tuck is still an issue. Modified first set by simply verticle jumping. Didn't feel like that was doing it so on the second round, I did some high knee marches in rhythm with Tony and Company's jumps. Mary Katherines were above par with last week as I made the effort to really extend and get lower on the lunges. My legs were cooking a bit by this point, but I didn't let up on either set. The Lepfrog Squat was a little better. The first half I was able to do completed leaps with both feet in synch. But on the second set I reverted to leap-stepping again. Twist Combos were on par with last week, still quick-stepping through the 180's on this one.

I sort of got my mojo back with the Rock Star Hops. They're still not pretty, but I did them my way and got through with only one little mini-break on the second set. Gap Jump was a little better this week, but my burning legs were not liking the Squat Jacks at all. I had to take several mini-breaks on this one. I worked hard on getting more extension with Military March and felt like I accomplished that.

On the Run Squat 180 Jump Switch, again quick stepped, but went lower on the squats than last time. The Lateral Leapfrog Squat were taking a toll on my quads for a bit, but I grunted my way through both sets. Same with Monster Truck Tire. By this point my legs were starting to get al dente. The Hot Foot is still troublesome, so I tried a new modification besides the Jump Rope that Tony suggests. I sort of did a run in place but hopped twice on each foot at a time (left, left, right, right). This sort of kept the hopping motion intact while still working individual legs although in shorter bursts.

I really love the Bonus Round because, not only does it mark that we're near the end of the workout, it's actually lot of fun doing the sports moves (Pitch & Catch, Jump Shot and Football Hero). Football Hero is a great way to finish strong. By now I was so excited to be this close to finishing, my enthusiasm shot up and I blazed through these with much more intensity. Then my legs started saying some colorful things to me for putting them through this!

So I took a couple of pics to show the effects that Plyo has on me. The first is before Plyo. The others are after. And you can see the DNA removal that occured . . .



This is actually pretty typical of how I look after all of the workouts. But I sweat more with Plyo and probably Kenpo X than with any of the other workouts I've done so far. So in honor of the lovely pics, and a very intense Plyometrics workout, here's C+C Music Factory with "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)". Please to enjoy. Have a great day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_F74xBvkk

:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment