Friday, July 16, 2010

Food For Thought, Chapter 2

So I am still trying to get a handle on the whole nutrition thing. It's sort of been a good news bad news situation so far. The bad news is that I'm not following the nutrition guide as outlined in the book. As much as I would like to, for some reason I can't seem to get with it. In my head I know I can do it. I just really need to come to terms with it and get with the program.

The good news is, even though I'm not strictly following the guide, I have been eating more foods from the approved list. I have not had ANY fast food since starting P90X. I've been preparing my meals at home a bit more. I have been eating more veggies. More chicken and fish, which I usually bake in foil pouches. Easy breazy. Eating a lot less sugar and processed foods. I am probably eating more fruit than I should, but that's mainly because of my strong sweet tooth, and I figure if I satisfy that with fruit, that's better than satisfying it with cookies . . . or ice cream . . . or cake . . . . or pie . . . or candy bars . . . . or . . . . what was I talking about?

Oh, yeah . . . so I have overcome one hurdle by making better decisions about what I eat. Now I just have to take the planning of it more seriously. I think that will come. I have some great ideas suggested by a few fellow P90Xers that I am gonna give a try.

Tomorrow brings Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X. I WILL Press Play and I WILL Bring It!!! And eat right, too!

:^D

No comments:

Post a Comment