Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday, Monday

It's such a beautiful day outside. Sunny and breezy. Doesn't look like a Monday. But it sort of feels like it. Primarily because I strayed a bit off the diet on yesterday. Hung out with some friends in the morning and ate a pretty big breakfast, then later had lunch that wasn't big, but was not completely authorized. And then got in a snacky mood last night. Granted, I didn't go hog wild. I would say that about 75% of what I ate yesterday was stuff that's on my authorized food list. But the quantities were higher than necessary, and some of the accessories were not healthy choices. But I am done beating myself up over it. Today's a new day and thus begins week 3 of P90X for me.

So I went into today's workout (after sitting on my butt for much longer than I needed to) feeling a little listless and slighty bloaty. That's what happens when you turn your diet around and then slip off the wagon. But I knew what I had to do (Press Play!) and got up and did it.

Day 15 - Chest & Back / Ab Ripper X
The beginning of the workout was very half-hearted. I came really close to Pressing Stop. But I didn't want to let myself down. So I drudged on. Tony has such a persuasive way about him, I felt like I better do what he says or I would face some severe consequences. I found myself really pushing it more and more as the workout went on. This week's numbers, although mostly up, were not nearly up as much as I had hoped for. But I am happy they were up at all because this was a particularly hard workout for me today, and I really fought for it. As usual, the difference from last week is in red.

Standard Push-Ups: 28/28 +1/+5
Wide Front Pull-Ups: 21/20 -3/0
Military Push-Ups: 19/22 0/+8
Reverse Grip Chin-Ups: 15/20 -2/0
Wide Fly Push-Ups: 25/22 +2/+3
Closed Grip Overhead Pull-Ups: 22/21 +2/-5
Decline Push-Ups: 15/17 +2/-1
Heavy Pants: 20/12 0/+2
Diamond Push-Ups: 17/17 +3/+7
Lawnmowers: 19 left, 20 right/20 left, 20 right +2,+3/+5,+3
Dive Bomber Push-Ups: 14/13 +5/0
Back Flys: 19/21 +7/0

Overall, not bad. Like I said, I was really hoping for higher numbers, and I actually got them on a few of the sets. But what I did accomplish was hard-fought for. I really needed to make a good showing after my Sunday Slip-ups.

I was quite beat going into Ab Ripper X and considered holding off until later in the day. But I had a vision of how that would turn out and what I saw was me NOT doing it. So I let the DVD continue running and got back on the floor and got ready for it. Man, it felt like I was starting over again, but I still saw some more improvement in some areas.

My In & Outs are feeling much stronger with each workout, as are the Bicycles. Still struggling a bit wth the Reverse Bicycle, but again able to do it a little longer. I saw Tony demonstrate a modification on the Crunchy Frog in the video of his Capitol Hill presentation. So I adapted it and modified it a little further for myself. It involved extending alternating legs with each count. It seemed to work fine and I definitely could feel a difference since this brought my closer to doing it properly.

Wide-Leg Sit-Up (crunch in my case) was on par with Friday. After proudly doing the Ballistic Hamstring Stretch during X Stretch without putting my legs on the floor, I went into Fifer Scissor fully prepared to repeat that accomplishment. But I was so wiped-out by this point that I had to revert back to resting my lowered leg on the floor. But I was still able to raise them just before each switch like I had been doing, so it was okay.

Hip Rock 'N Raise and Puls-Ups were on par with Friday. Still getting a small scoot-up on those. My version of the Roll-Up V is still challenging, and felt even moreso today. Had to take a few mini-breaks on it. Still popping the legs open on the Oblique V-Ups, really working on doing this one better. Leg Climb and Mason Twists were also on par with Friday.

And now a few notes
I am still doing the push-ups on my knees. And I am still using the Red band. Today with the band I adjusted my distance for Pull-Up/Chin-Ups for more tension. Also adjusted the loops and foot position on the bands for the floor exercises that called for the bands. I had been wondering my numbers the second set of Heavy Pants so far is so much lower than the first and then I realized that the time is shorter on the second round than it is the first. I was doing the second round with more intensity and speed than the first and not getting the same numbers and it was frustrating, but now it makes sense.

I think I have found my temporary solution to doing the Back Flys. Instead of sitting on a chair, I do them standing with a small loop in the band. I step my free foot back and bend over and do the flys in that position. I concentrate on pulling back and out and I really felt it in the lower back, so I think this may work for me.

And I am really glad I decided to get Ab Ripper X done and outta the way. I have such a great sense of accomplishment, knowing how I felt going into the workout. This week, my goal is to definitely up the intensity and eat as clean as possible!

Today's song is "Can You Feel It?" by The Jacksons, because I definitely felt it today! Enjoy and have a great day. Plyo will be kickin' my butt tomorrow!


:^D

1 comment:

  1. Great work!
    Its not the falling that defines us, its the getting back up!

    ReplyDelete