Friday, January 21, 2011

Back to Legs and Back again

This was another instance where I felt much better after working out than when I started. I truly do love this X thing . . .

Day 19: Legs & Back ad Ab Ripper X
So there was a little trepidation heading into this one because my lower back was feeling just a touch iffy. But I wanted to see what I could do and how hard I could bring it. Started things off a little timidly, trying to be careful. But as it went along, the twinge in my back actually started to fade out. I think i can attribute that to concentrating on the isometric hold on the banded pull-ups. Consequently, the rep numbers pretty much held steady. By the end I felt really strong and pulled off 30 Switch Grips Pull-ups, going a little bit past the end time. I was definitely in a zone by that point.

By the same token the first few sets of leg exercises were kinda soft, but once the groove kicked in the intensity really increased. A little better on the dreaded Wall Squats today. Also felt noticebly stronger on the Super Skaters, Alternating Side Lunges, Deadlift Squat and Sneaky Lunges.

Moving on to Ab Ripper X, I went back to being careful again in the beginning because sometimes I feel it in my back. I actually opted to lay on my back a bit for the In & Outs and the Bicycle sequence. I then sort of eased into Crunchy Frog. After that things pretty much were okay so I upped the intensity again. So the rest of ARX was on par with last Friday's. I even managed to get 10 V-Ups done again! And the oblique V's were very strong today, even though at this point it's hard for me to keep my legs completely straight.

All in all, another solid effort despite the touch-and-go of my lower back. I have to admit my back actually feels a lot better now.

Tomorrow is Kenpo Day!!! For now i leave you with Faith Hill and "Back To You". have a great day and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment