Thursday, January 13, 2011

Break out the mat and block!!

Yep, today was the day that I re-acquainted myself with the wonderfulness of holding and stretching and breathing.

Day 11: Yoga X
Brought it to the floor today. This was the first time in awhile that I have done Yoga X from beginning to end. And I was reminded of why some X-ers are not fans of this workout. But I actually quite enjoy it. I dare say it's one of if not THE most challenging of all of the workouts.

My balance and flexibility are not the best at all and I got another reminder of that fact today. But I stuck it out and did my best. The Moving Asanas are still probably the most challenging part of Yoga X because it's difficult for me to get the proper extension and positioning on some of the moves. But I did my best and sweated off the rest!

The Balance postures provide a nice relief. Even though I was a bit wobbly for most of it, and can't grab my rear foot for the Royal Dancer or completely raise my legs for the Standing Extensions, I got thru with the best of my abilities. It wasn't a total disaster.

Floor Work was a mixed bag. Of course the Crane and the Plough Variations are pretty much impossible for at this point, but the stretches in between were pretty successful.

Than it gets challenging again with the Yoga Belly section. Those are murder! I was pretty wiped by this point and holding my legs and arms up for 30 second intervals was brutal. But then it all quiets back down with the Side Twist and Glute Stretch and Happy Baby, followed by the closing relaxing poses at the end. And I made it the whole 90 minutes! Not a bad return to Yoga X!

I remember getting better at this as it went along, just like everything else with p90x) from my last half round. So I'm confident I will regain the balance and flexibility I got before and surpass it. It will happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment