Friday, January 7, 2011

Just what I needed . . .

So after a very surreal and near traumatic night at work, I got home and went right to bed instead of working out. But i didn't want to let the day escape me without getting it in, so I Pressed play this evening . . .

Day 5: Legs & Back
My mind was still pretty much reeling from things that transpired at work so the first third of the work out was very unfocused. My concentration was at a low level. My balance was off even more than normal with the Chair Lunges and I almost stopped the DVD. But instead I paused it, took some deep breaths and decided to forge ahead. I really needed to do this. After the excitement of meeting Tony, I felt like I didn't want to let myself or him down.

I resumed the DVD and somehow managed to nearly completely clear my mind and focus on the workout. Finished it very strong. Got some good numbers in the high teens on the pull-up exercises with the red bands. And for the ost part kept up with Tony & company on the remaining leg exercises. Although those damn Wall Squats are truly the devil's tools, in my opinion.

Due to time contraints and my mental state, I did not hit Ab Ripper X. I think I may do that tomorrow after Kenpo X. We'll see how that plan pans out. No song today. Just quiet reflection. Have a good night and a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment