Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Call to Arms

Day 17: Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X
This is always a welcome break after working the Legs in Plyo the day before. A solid effort with a small uptick in rep numbers. 1 - 2 for the most part. Highlights are: 20/25 Chair dips (up 4 and 5 from last week), and 22 Crouching Cohen Curls. I made a concerted effort to squeeze harder on the bicep exercises. That made quite a difference. I think I might be feeling that later. And on the bonus round, my Side Tri-Rises were comparable in number to last weeks, but I actually managed to get up a little higher and get my lifting arm a little straighter. That took some effort, but the determination was there.

As for Ab Ripper X, also on par with the previous one, although I felt a little more wiped out during the session today. Numbers were the same except today I only got 8 V-Ups this go 'round. I am a little disappointed by that. But I will just have to make the effort to get back to 10 like I did last Friday.

It seems no matter how much the workouts break you down, there's always such a great sense of accomplishment when you make it through. No matter how easy it would be to do so, giving up is not an option. I am plum tuckered . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment