Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Core of the Matter

I must be really into this because after deciding I was too tired to workout today, I conjured the urge to Bring It! (at of all times, while I was on the can, I know . . . TMI) So I did. And Recovery Week continues . . .

Day 23: Core Synergistics
I hadn't done this one since my last attempted round last fall. So it was kinda exciting to see how things were gonna go. Like I said I was originally gonna forego this one, but something nagged at the back of my brain and next thing I know i was in the "gym" popping in a DVD and re-arancgint the living room furniture to make room. And so it began.

Yeah, this is a hellava workout comprised of so many elements. But it's actually kinda fun. (Can't believe I said that). For the most part, was able to go toe-to toe with Tony and Friends. But rest assured there was soome modification along the way.

The most challenging parts were: Bow to Boat (struggled with the Boat portion), Plank to Chatarunga Run (more like a brisk and shaky walk), Walking Push-Ups (Butt was way too high , but that was the only way I could do it, and I barely did it), an of course the dreaded Dreya Rolls (which actually didn't turn out that bad. I can do the roll and raise hips and leg part, I just can't get up on my feet from it, so I just repeated the roll.)

Then after a short mental debate, I decided to stick with it for the Bonus Rounds. Plank to Chaturanga Iso was very shaky, but I completed it. Halfback was a breeze, since it's basically Football Hero from Plyo. Table Dip Leg Raise was done sans leg raise, but I did 30 dips for a strong finish.

Broke quite a sweat on this one. Tomorrow is Kenpo X (Yeah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment