Monday, January 3, 2011

"So now your back from outer space . . ."

So after too many false starts after falling off the X-wagon back in September, I am back! And this time I mean it!! So I am starting from square one with P90X.

Day 1: Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X
Wow, it certainly felt like starting from the bottom, but I did much better than I thought I would, especially after this past celebratory weekend. I think resting for the latter half of yesterday and getting a good full night's sleep really helped.

Apparently, me and Push-Ups still have that love-hate-mostly-hate relationship I remember so well. Got off to a pretty good start however by completing 20 standard ones at the beginning. I pretty much averaged around 10-12 on the other varieties of push-ups, but I fought hard for everyone of them. Even if I was on my knees for the most part, except of course those crazy a$$ Dive-Bombers.

Back to the red band on the Pull-Up exercises. Averaging 15-17 reps on those exercises. About the same numbers on the floor resistance exercises as well.

One clue to me that I was really bringing it in this session was that I was starting to get that feeling like I was about to toss some cookies. But thankfully it didn't come to that.

Ab Ripper X, my old "friend." On my last attempted round of P90X I was actually starting to get to a point where I wasn't hating you so much. Rest assured the original hatred has pretty much returned. Wow, I had made so much progress last go 'round with ARX, so it was quite frustra
ting to see that I was so back to square one with this workout. But it's okay, knowing that I got pretty far before tells me that I can get there again and surpass it. Which is what I intend to do.

That part just before Mason Twists where Tony says "It's almost over, makes me sad."? Yeah, I was not sad, I was quite happy that it was almost done. It was not a pretty round, and I may not have made it to 25 on everything. But I did my best and forget the rest and made it all the way to the end without quitting.

Tomorrow brings Plyometrics, which is actually one of my favorite workouts. So I am quite looking forward to it. I have made a vow to myself that I will conquer the X in 2011!! And I feel like I am off to a great start!

'Til tomorrow, here's my song of the day. It's a repeat from the last "half" round of X, but it started playing in my head while I was working out, so here it is. Cake's cover of "I Will Survive." Please to enjoy! Happy New Year and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. go, phredd, go!

    i'm (re)starting from square one, too. not p90x-- i'm not quite ready to take that leap-- but i'm on my way.

    let's make it a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely, Christina. Good things are coming our way in 2011!

    ReplyDelete