Monday, January 17, 2011

"Push It Good . . ."

I have to admit i wasn't completely feeling it going into todays workout. My back felt just a touch stiff, but put in the DVD and Pressed play, and things turn out just fine . . . .

Day 15: Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X
I was not sure how this workout was gonna go. Was still a little tired and creaky. Started the warm-up with Tony & Friends and once the blood started pumping I started to feel a little better and more determined to finish strong. I wanted to at the very least be on par with last week as far as numbers. All in all I did much better than anticipated.

Rep numbers were actually up, on average by 1-2, but still I wanted to get past my previous numbers and i did for the most part. Highlights: 30 second-set Standard Push-Ups, 26 second-set Wide Fly Push-Ups, and 20 Diamonds and Dive Bombers! I maintain that push-ups are probably one of my least favorite exercises, but I feel good that I'm getting some decent numbers on them, even if they're on my knees. Just makes me more determined to soon get of my knees and hopefully maintain the numbers when that happens.

Numbers on banded pulls and the other resistance exercises just upticked by 1 or 2, but I will take it. Especially considering how i felt before starting.

Ab Ripper X numbers were pretty much on bar with Friday's. I only managed to knock out 9 V-ups after hitting 10 last time. Maintained the 25s on most of the exercises. 13 Hip Rock and Raises like before. Kept up with the mason Twists.

It really is true that you feel better after a good workout. Today proved it once again for me.

Gonna give you a little Salt-N-Pepa today. I felt like I pushed it, so here's a live performance of "Push It!" Enjoy and see here tomorrow! :^D

No comments:

Post a Comment