Monday, January 10, 2011

"A licky boom-boom down . . ."

Snow day, schmow day. Just because it's a snow day, doesn't mean it's an opportunity to blow off a workout. Especially when the gym is your living room and your trainer is on a DVD.

Day 7: Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X
So we're back to the land of push-ups. Yay . . . . But it turned out to be a good day. After trekking through the snow to QuikTrip with some friends, and then finishing up some laundry, it was time to finally Bring it! And I did. Rep numbers on most of the exercises were up by an average of 2-3 throughout. And the numbers on the second round were higher than the first for the most part. So I did what I was supposed to and really kicked it up a notch on the second go-round!

Highlights were 27 standard push-ups on the second round, 18 military push-ups on the second round, 22 Wide Fly push-ups on the second round, 20 decline push-ups on the second round and 15 Dive Bombers on the second round. Still on my knees for most of these, but still quite an accomplishment for me.

Numbers were also up on the banded pull-ups as well. I think I really brought a high level of intensity with this session.

There was also marked improvement on Ab Ripper X as well! Highlights there were completing 7 slow V-Ups, and getting a little more height when raising up for the Wide Leg Sit-ups. They are still glorified crunches at this point, but much better than this time last week. Most of my ARX workout is modified to some degree, but I still gave it all I got. And felt very sweaty and accomplished when it was all over.

Plyo is back tomorrow. That's always fun. In honor of the snow day. Here is Snow with Informer. 'Til next time . . . . :^D

No comments:

Post a Comment