Monday, January 31, 2011

Onto Phase 2

So 1 phase down and 2 go in this round of P90X. And i think this phase got off to a pretty good start.

Day 29: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper X
I knew there were more push-ups (and not just any old push-ups) coming up in this workout. But I sucked it up, Brought It, did my best and forgot the rest. All in all things went fairly well in this session. Numbers in the Shoulder and Tricep resistance exercises averaged in the low to mid teens. Highlights were: 20 Chair Dips, and finishing strong with 30 Cross-Body Bows.

On the Push-Ups, averages were also in the low to mid teens. Highlights were: 12 Slow Motions, 16 Floor Flys, 16 Side-to-Sides and 12 One-Arm balances. Also even though I only did 10 of the Pike Presses, One-Arm Push-Ups and Clap Push-Ups, I think getting that many in is quite an accomplishment. Especially since I hadn't done any of those since September.

The only exercises I had real issues with were the Scarecrows, Slo-Mo Throws and Fly- Row Presses. Using the bands was kinda problematic on those for me. Those would work better if I had some light dumbbells to them with, so I think I need to invest in a set.

Moving on the Ab Ripper X. Wow! I must say today's ARX was absolutely the best one so far!! I have no doubt the 2 sessions of Core Synergistics probably helped with it. But I felt the strongest I ever have through the In & Outs, both Bicycles and the Crunchy Frog. I got a bit higher on the Wide Leg Sit-ups (still pretty much crunching, but with more height). I got through a whole set of Fifer Scissors without stopping. It was hard to keep the lower leg off the floor and the last few were murder, but I made all the way through.

I upped my number from 13 to 20 on the Hip Rock and Raises, I maintained 10 on the Roll-up/V-Ups but they were much more stable and less shaky than before. And I rode it out to the end feeling much stronger than before. Soaked with sweat at the end and feeling very accomplished!! it's a good Monday! Plyo returns tomorrow!

A jaunty ditty for today, David Cook's version of "Happy Together." Enjoy and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment