Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"It only takes a minute . . ."

Actually, it takes more like a little over 59. But it is time well spent! Pressed play again today and brought it once more.

Day 3: Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X
Surprisingly, I didn't have nearly as much second-day soreness as I expected from Monday's Chest & Back workout. I did have a little so I kinda eased into Shoulders & Arms. As usual once I re-remembered how to use the bands on these exercises and got a good groove going, the soreness totally became a none-issue.

Didn't do too shabby today, averaging in the low to mid teens on reps throughout and finished big by completing 21 reps on both final sets of the Side Tri-Raises. Granted I can't get my lifting arm completely straight on that one, I truly fought for whatever extension I could get.

I actually used a chair on the Chair Dips instead of the couch, and it made quite a difference. It was actually more difficult, but I got more reps on the second set after knowing what to expect there. Overall another good workout.

As far as my old pal, Ab Ripper X. Much better today than Monday. Upped my reps and even managed to do 5 V-Rollups. That's a big deal considering I am practically starting over. On my first attempt at P90X I had managed to get up to 12 before I fizzled on that round. But that's the past. We are moving forward. Anyway, I still feel ARX in my gut as I type this post. A sign that I really worked it out. I am happy.

I've got to sort of rearrange my day tomorrow, so I'm debating on either X-Stretch or half of Yoga X. I'm going to Tony's "Bring It" Book Signing event tomorrow evening, and I work 3rd shift, so it will be a full day. But it's gonna be great to see Tony in person!!

So, Take That!! :^D

2 comments:

  1. Remember on arms, that the key to leaning out besides diet is to squeeze that bicep at the top of the movement. Not a matter of how much weight, but the contraction at the top. You will see results in no time Phredd. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx, Paul. I actually made a concerted effort to do just that on the bicep exercises, so hopefully I will get a good result from that.

    ReplyDelete